Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Looking back on Summer 2009


This summer was the best. Daddy was home every day. His company was shutdown, which left him out of a job. It might not have been so good for him, but it was great for my brother and me. He was home every day during the summer so we had a lot of fun! We went to the Zoo in Toledo, Ohio, twice. We made it thru the first half the first day. We saw a bunch of animals and it was a little hot, so some animals weren't out in the open. You had to do a little searching because they were lying in the shade. Behind me is a rhinoceros. They have 2 big horns on their noses.

The second time that we went to the zoo, we started at the fish aquarium and explored the second half of the zoo. I like the aquarium. There were all kinds of fish and snakes and turtles in there. I liked getting really close to the glass on the fish tank. When this fish saw me, it swam right up to the glass and stared at me. I stuck my tongue out at it, but the fish didn't stick its tongue out back. It was really neat though.



This is just a statue of a gorilla. Don't worry, it isn't real. The real gorillas were sleeping and the big male in the exhibit just sat there with his back turned to us, so we couldn't get a picture of him. Besides going to the zoo, we also went on vacation at Higgins Lake, went to the beach for a couple of days on the west side of Michigan, and we also had our annual weekend in Lake City with my Aunt and all my cousins. It was a great summer. If you ask Daddy, he will say the same thing. He will say, "I was laid off at the perfect time (May). The weather was great and I was able to spend the whole summer with my family instead of going to work."
Posted by Picasa

No comments: