Thursday, January 18, 2007

Six Months


Yesterday was my six month birthday. And yes, I had to go to the doctor, and yes, I had to get 4 shots, and yes Mom almost cried again. My weight is 17 lbs and I am 26 in long. I have dropped from the 90th percentile to the 70th percentile in both weight and length. The doctor was not concerned even though they would like to see me stay at the 90th percentile range since that is where I started. I have another appointment in 4 weeks to get weighed again. Can't be to careful, the doctor just wants to make sure that my weight is not dropping more.
Why are all the grown ups trying to loose weight, but when I do it, it is this major thing and I have to go back to the doctor just to make sure.
Here is what has been happening since Christmas. I can sit on the floor all by myself. I still can not go from a laying down position to a sitting position, but if Mommy or Daddy sit me on my butt, I can sit there without falling over. Although in the last couple of weeks I have been getting a little braver and reaching for toys out past my feet, then I get a little out of balance and fall over, I guess I am still a little top heavy. One good thing from falling over, is that I have found some new ways to move around. If I am on my stomach, I can push backwards with my arms and move backwards. Although this usaually takes me away from the toy sthat I am trying to get. I haven't been able to master the ability to crawl yet. I can get my upper body in the air by pushing with my arms and hands, and I can also get my butt up in the air with my legs and knees, but I haven't been able to get both halfs of my body in the air together.
I have also learned how to spin around on my belly button. One day Mommy with talking with Aunt Mindy on the phone I spun around 2 & 1/2 times all by my self. This doesn't get me very far. Seems like I just go around in circles, but it is alot better than laying on my back staring at the ceiling.
I am just starting to learn that if I roll over more than once, then I can move a long distance really fast. Well, really fast compared to my standards.
By the way, Rice Cereal, Oat meal Cereal, and carrots are good. Peas and Peaches, YUK!!!!

No comments: