Friday, August 18, 2006

My Family Picture


Here is my Mom, Dad, and me at our first family picture. These pictures were taken just before my two week birthday, by a friend who is a photographer. We took lots of pictures that day, so I picked out a few of the best ones to share with everyone.


Here I am in my Dad's hands. He holds me like this all the time and talks to me. It is our favoite position. It won't be long and I will not fit anymore, so we will just have to find a different position. I figured out, in the mornings, that all I have to do is stare at him and he will do whatever I want, even go in late to work because he doesn't want to put me down.


This is my Mom. She sings and dances with me all the time. Sometimes I cry just so she will pick me up and sing. For 8 months while I was in the womb, she taught 1st-4th grade elementary music, so I got use to hearing her sing, along with all her 1100 kids that she taught. My parents are starting to figure out that when I am fussing, a little music will calm me down. Boy parents are hard to train!


And finally here I am all by myself, sitting on a nice, soft pillow. They tried to get me to sleep to get one of those cute pictures of me in a basket or flower pot, but I didn't want anthing to do with that. I was afaid of missing something. I am learning here, I need to absorb as much as I can.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

w o w ! What a beautiful baby! I just wanted to say hello to this precious little gift from God! I know you mama and daddy R e a l l y well, and I have to say...you are one lucky little princess. God knew you needed some special people to walk you though this crazy life! You will be surrounded by LOVE and will be directed to the ONE who will forever hold your hands through life.

Welcome precious Maya Katherine
BIG HUGS - Karen Ruth

Anonymous said...

Maya, you are one beautiful baby girl! This is your auntie.. Its great to have a neice with all my nephews. You are getting so big, so fast.

Anonymous said...

Gena,
Wow I can't believe you have a little one of your own! Congrads! My mom (Karen Emery (cole)) sent me the blog address so I could see Maya. Many, many blessings to the whole family.

Bethany Emery