Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Summer Vacation 2008 (Evan's Perspective)

This was my first summer vacation, and my first time sleeping in the tent. It was really cool. We got to spend all day outside for a whole week. We had campfires, and roasted marshmallows, and made our food over an open fire. Although, I slept thru most of it and I am on a pretty strict diet. We also got to go for a hike in the woods at the campground. It was so neat. I stayed awake for most of that. Mommy front packed me for a while and Daddy backpacked my big sister Maya. We got to see trees, and leaves, and bugs, and toads, and ferns and all sorts of stuff.

Sleeping in a tent was a lot of fun. At night, it was really dark and a little chilly. Mommy and Daddy would bundle me so I wouldn't get cold, although my little nose got cold by morning.

The weather was beautiful all week long. We spent a couple of days at the beach next to the water. I had to stay in the shade, out of the wind and in my car seat. That way I didn't get sand in all my places that you don't want sand. Mommy and Daddy both took turns playing with me to keep me occupied.


This was the sunset across Saginaw Bay. We camped at the tip of the thumb at Port Crescent State Park. It was a nice little park with a big beach and we only had to walk for about 3 minutes to get to the water.


What a week. It is very exhausting getting carried around. Daddy snapped this picture of me one evening before supper. Mommy and Daddy have a canopy tent with screen sides that we put over the picnic table. It kept the bugs out while we ate, and made perfect place for me to take a nap.

No comments: