Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Summer Vacation 2008 (Maya's Perspective)

This summer we traveled to the tip of the thumb for vacation. We stayed at a state park there that was right on the water. Our campsite wasn't directly on the water like last year, but it was only a short walk to get there. One morning, Mommy, Daddy, Evan and I loaded ourselves in the van and traveled down the road from the campground to the day use area and did some hiking. I found a log that had ants living in it. It was neat. They were red and they were crawling in and out of these little holes that they had made in the log.

Daddy backpacked me at first and Mommy was front packing Evan, my little brother. Then about half way thru, they switched and I got to ride on Mommy's back. Along the trail, there were places that you could see the water from on top of a sand dune. Here the trail went down the dune and back up the other side. Daddy decided to snap a quick picture while we were out in the sun.

On this day, at the beach, it was a little breezy. The wind was blowing toward the shore, which I learned was called an "On Shore Breeze". It was a little chilly so I just played in the warm sand. We built sand castles and dug holes, and then I would knock down the sand castles and have Daddy build them all over again. The sand felt funny between my toes.

Mommy and Daddy took my bike that Grandma Lisa (Gena's family friend) got me for my birthday last year. We did many laps back and forth past the camp site. When cars or truck would come, we would take my bike off the road and wait for them to pass.

No comments: