Sunday, July 05, 2009

July 4th, 2009

This year for July 4th, we stayed at home and had a picnic with our friends the Bobbitt's. We went to a park in Riverview and had a picnic, then went fishing. This was my first experience going fishing. I had never gone before. It was really cool. Daddy put a worm on the hook for me and then casted the worm out into the water. Then we sat on the bank and waited for the bobber to go down, which means that a fish is taking the bait.

It wasn't very long and the bobber went down. Daddy gave the fishing pole a little jerk and then handed it to me. I had caught my first fish. It was huge. I reeled it all the way to the shore. This thing was a monster. I could barely hold it up. I wasn't going to touch it though. It was all wet and slimy. Daddy took the fish off the hook and let me pet it a little before we tossed it back into the water. It was the only fish that we caught.

In the same park, is a fire station. This is where firemen and fire trucks are stored. Uncle Jerry took me over the fire station and we got a tour of the fire trucks. The nice firemen opened up all the doors and let us climb inside the fire truck. Mommy took a picture of the Bobbitt's on the bumper of this truck. It was really fun.

No comments: