Thursday, July 02, 2009

Our Summer Vacation

This year for summer vacation, we went to Higgins Lake State Park. It was only my 2nd vacation since I am only 1 year old. Yes, Mommy and Daddy took me on my first vacation last year when I was only a few months old. We spent 4 wonderful days swimming and hiking and just hanging out.

This was our campsite, where we set up the tent. It was right on the edge of being in the sun, not to far from the bathroom, and not far from the lake. I thought that I did really good this year. The first morning, I woke up before it got light and wouldn't go back to bed. I was a little scared since it was so dark. Once it started getting a little light. Daddy took me for a walk, which I fell asleep on.

Every morning, we would get up and eat breakfast in our food tent. It was a canopy with screens on the sides to keep out the bugs. The weather was great every day. The sun was shinning and Maya was enjoying a bowl of cereal.

Here I am at the beach. The water was a little chilly since it was June, but it was still fun to play in. I liked sitting in the water and digging in the sand. Mommy and Daddy would take Maya and I out into the water in order to get cooled off. The water was really shallow for quite a ways out. It was over my head, but Maya would walk on her own feet and the water was up to her shoulders. We spent a lot of time at the beach. We walked down the shore and found a part of the beach where there wasn't anyone else so we had a large spot all to our selves.

No comments: